Shoei - VFX-W Hectic Helmet
Shoei - VFX-W Hectic Helmet
With so many helmet options available to the motocross and off-road riding and racing communities, SHOEI takes great pride in the fact that more top riders prefer the groundbreaking VFX-W over all others. The absolute pinnacle of off-road helmets, the VFX-W is the result of countless hours of conceptualization, R&D, and testing with the most hard-nosed critics of all, a professional racing team. With top pros like Kevin Windham, Josh Grant, Josh Strang, and Destry Abbott leading the charge, the VFX-W is drenched in state-of-the-art features, and absolutely no stone was left unturned during its development. If you're looking for a new lid to hit the track or trail, look no further.
- AIM+ Shell Construction:
- Shoei's proprietary AIM+ technology.
- This process combines fiberglass with organic fibers that are so strong that they can only be cut with a laser.
- The end result is a stronger, lighter shell that will absorb and distribute the force of an impact safely and efficiently.
- Dual-Layer EPS liner:
- Dual-layer liner yields enhanced impact absorption by adjusting thickness and density in key areas.
- Inner liner features air channels for efficient cooling.
- Impact-absorbing EPS liner throughout the entire chin bar.
- V-430 "Sleek" Visor:
- Developed by Shoei's sponsored riders.
- Lengthened for additional protection from sun and roost.
- Adjustment slot lengthened for greater versatility.
- Plastic hardware is utilized for easier visor breakaway during impact.
- Includes a matte black strip to reduce glare.
- 3D Max-Dry Liner System:
- Polyurethane foam pads are three dimensionally formed for a perfect fit.
- Proprietary synthetic fiber absorbs and exhausts sweat 2X faster than conventional nylon.
- Liner is removable, adjustable, and washable.
- Emergency Quick Release System (EQRS):
- Mechanical tabs disengage cheek pads for easy removal by emergency medical personnel.
- Helmet can be removed with minimum load to rider in emergency situations.
- Ventilation System:
- Improved air intakes are located in mouthpiece, forehead, and through scoops directing air into EPS liner.
- Seven exhaust ports dispel hot air from the rear of the helmet.
- Vent openings are covered by wire mesh to prevent dirt from entering liner.
- "Sleek" mouthpiece:
- Wire mesh screen helps prevent roost from entering the mouthpiece.
- A strip of AIM+ shell material reinforces mesh screen and helps to reduce chances of larger intrusions.
- Sleek mouthpiece directs cooling air through a removable and washable foam filter.
- Five-Year Warranty:
- Five-year warranty from purchase date. 7-Year warranty from helmet manufacture date. Whichever comes first.
- Meets or exceeds SNELL and DOT standards.
- Mud guard (included).
- Adjustment plate (included).
- Anti-glare visor sticker (included on all colors except Black and Matte Black).
- Nylon drawstring helmet bag (included).