Arai - VX-PRO 4 Spike Helmet
Arai - VX Pro 4 Spike HelmetOne of the most state-of-the-art helmets on the market today, the Arai VX-PRO 4 is the dirt helmet for serious riders who demand the absolute best safety and comfort features available.
- A Smooth Instead of Ridged Shell: The shell itself is consistently round and smooth, maintaining the R75 Shape concept in areas above the acknowledged test line and influencing those below the test line. Here, the rounded chin bar maintains the same compact shell length as the previous model, the VX-Pro3. The result is less protrusion, which has proven to be less likely to catch and dig in during a spill.
- Chin Bar Vent Grill: Installed on the uniquely rounded chin bar, the stainless mesh grill is now mounted from the outside on the exterior vent cap and can be easily removed for cleaning or damage replacement. The vent cap is also designed to break away from the chin bar in the event of impact.
- Shell Material: In order to maximize performance, we precisely assemble the shell from multiple proprietary components. Super Fiber, one of the primary materials, costs up to six times more than standard fiberglass but provides 30% higher tensile strength and increased penetration resistance. The cLc (complex Laminate construction) method demands precise and time-consuming assembly by master craftsmen from many individual pieces.
- Rear Duct: The Air-Through top-rear-duct center brace also functions as a goggle-strap locator. The diffusers can be removed or replaced quickly and easily by removing a single screw on the rear-duct center brace.
- New Peak: The new peak is 14mm longer and 5mm wider than the previous model for improved ability to deflect roost and flying debris. To compensate for increased lift, the air outlets on the new peak have been made larger as well.
- Emergency Release System: The revised Emergency Release Cheek Pad system has the release tab repositioned and is easier to access by rescue staff.
- Removable Neck Roll: The all-new removable neck roll allows easy and convenient cleaning of the helmet.