Arai - VX-Pro4 Pure Helmet
Arai's VX-PRO4 Pure offers new graphics and features that set it apart from other models previously offered from Arai. The peak of this helmet is 14mm longer and 5mm wider than the VX-PRO3 which makes it a more comfortable option. With large air ports for relief while riding the VX-PRO4 helps prevent any sort of lifting or pulling while under pressure at speed . With a reworked chin vent system this helmet allows for the forward movement of the chin liner to improve overall face comfort. With an adjustable mud gate it allows for increased airflow. The liner components feature FCS cheek pads that have a larger surface area, wrapping under the jaw for more comfort. A number of inner pads are removable including the neck roll pad that can be removed and washed. The ventilation consists of six upper vents, an upper and lower rear exhaust vent cowl, designed to increase airflow and vacuum exhaust, vents designed to assist holding goggle strap in center position and not slide off, up or down, and an upper rear exhaust vent set designed to accommodate all five shell sizes. Vent is fragile under crash impact, but more durable against smaller contact. It has the same three basic chin intakes, two under peak intakes, six upper exhaust and two lower exhaust. The eye port trim and material has molded rubber trim across the top of the eye port, standoff ribs that help reduce liner wear from goggles while also providing a small gap for airflow and molded goggle strap guides at either side of the eye port trim.
- A Smooth Instead of Ridged Shell: The shell itself is consistently round and smooth, maintaining the R75 Shape concept in areas above the acknowledged test line and influencing those below the test line. Here, the rounded chin bar maintains the same compact shell length as the previous model, the VX-Pro3. The result is less protrusion, which has proven to be less likely to catch and dig in during a spill.
- Chin Bar Vent Grill: Installed on the uniquely rounded chin bar, the stainless mesh grill is now mounted from the outside on the exterior vent cap and can be easily removed for cleaning or damage replacement. The vent cap is also designed to break away from the chin bar in the event of impact.
- Shell Material: In order to maximize performance, we precisely assemble the shell from multiple proprietary components. Super Fiber, one of the primary materials, costs up to six times more than standard fiberglass but provides 30% higher tensile strength and increased penetration resistance. The cLc (complex Laminate construction) method demands precise and time-consuming assembly by master craftsmen from many individual pieces.
- Rear Duct: The Air-Through top-rear-duct center brace also functions as a goggle-strap locator. The diffusers can be removed or replaced quickly and easily by removing a single screw on the rear-duct center brace.
- New Peak: The new peak is 14mm longer and 5mm wider than the previous model for improved ability to deflect roost and flying debris. To compensate for increased lift, the air outlets on the new peak have been made larger as well.
- Emergency Release System: The revised Emergency Release Cheek Pad system has the release tab repositioned and is easier to access by rescue staff.
- Removable Neck Roll: The all-new removable neck roll allows easy and convenient cleaning of the helmet.