This product has been discontinued
AGV - AX8 Spyder Helmet
Product Code: agv-ax8-spyder-helmet
- Customer Photos
AGV - AX8 Spyder Helmet
- DESIGN: The design is pure AGV style with an evident family feeling in the front air vents and the rear extractors that recall both those in the on-road and MT-X versions. The helmet differs significantly from others in the market today thanks to the chin guard with immediate aesthetic impact characterized by its large steel grille that protects the highly assertive front air vent that makes the AX-8 instantly recognizable especially during races regardless of the helmet’s graphics or track conditions.
- SHELL: The AX-8 is available in 3 outer shell sizes with sizes that run from XXS to XXXL. The outer shell vaunts SSL layering made in Carbon, Kevlar and fibreglass in order to keep weight low while ensuring the maximum safety.
- VENTILATION: The integrated IVS ventilation system consists of channels formed directly in the outer shell that ensure more efficacious airflow inside the shell and better aerodynamic performance. The front air events, the vents on the visor edge and on the chin guard permit constant flow of fresh air inside the helmet. The rear extractors carry away all the moist warm air from inside the helmet through the channels in the EPS.
- INTERNAL PADDING: The internal padding in breathable Dry-lex® material has been provided with sanitizing treatment and is completely removable and washable, including the flap on the strap in order to ensure constantly perfect hygiene inside the helmet, an item that is always subjected to harsh use. For the same reason, the visor area features soft covers in plastic, which unlike fabric does not absorb moisture and can be easily washed with a sponge or a brush. The internal padding in the visor opening area has been studied for a perfect fit even when wearing motocross goggles.
- SAFETY: The chin vents can be easily removed without tools and are sized for both ideal airflow and complete chin protection (in other helmets, the wearer’s chin protrudes from the helmet’s profile due to the chin guard’s reduced height). Despite the large aperture that can be seen from the shape of the outer grill, beneath it stands a sturdy structure in fibre that offers the best compromise between airflow capacity and mechanical strength. The chin vents on the AX-8 are interchangeable with those on the AX-8 Dual. The peak, with its outer screws in aluminum is easily adjustable thanks to the central plastic screw beneath it. The fastening system vaunts DD closing with a double titanium ring. The helmet weighs just 1,150 g (+/- 50 g.) 1.100 g (+/- 50 g.) in M size for E2205 homologation and 1,400 g (+/- 50 g.) in M size for E2205/DOT and AS-NZS homologation.
- 199 APPROVED: Travis Pastrana, 2-Time MX Champ and X-Games Gold Medalist, gives his approval and thumbs up on the AX-8; and if anyone knows safe helmets, it's the high-flying Nitro Circus star.