Nick Wayne Answers which Boot is the Best?
A question we often get asked at BTO Sports, what are the best motocross boots? Well it’s a great question, after all they are an important investment. The sport of motocross at its highest levels require boots that can match the demands of the sport. Although there are many other boots on the market that can be considered, we condensed the list for our Battle of the Best Boots, the Alpinestars Tech 10, Sidi Crossfire 3 and the Gaerne SG-12 boots.
Whether an expert or intermediate rider, investing in the best motocross boots offers you the confidence you need to be aggressive and be protected during the process. Landing hard on a big jump is really hard on the foot, ankle and lower leg, its very important to have boots that can help absorb that landing. You also want boots that offer comfort and flexibility on the bike, after all this is where the majority of bike handling comes from. Equally as important is durability, from buckles to soles and everything in between, you get what you pay for, we can see without a doubt these three boots accomplish all the above.
It was important to us that we didn’t make this a run-down of all the bullet points of each boot. We do though highlight standout features of each boot that makes the respective boot unique from the others. In conclusion, we offer a ranking system, based off pricing, comfort, flexibility and protection. At BTO Sports we know your best deserves the best, hopefully this vlog helps you find the best motocross boot for you.
Totally refreshed a few years ago, the Tech-10 from Alpinestars has a few new key features you will want
- Frontal Flex Frame – Seamless Flexion control system
- Unique sole integration improves foot-peg performance grip
- Re-designed Buckle Closure System
- CE Certification
One of the most comfortable and re-buildable motocross boots on the market, the Crossfire 3 SRS from Sidi are constructed out of a material called “Technomicro”. This new generation material is strong, flexible, lightweight, and super comfortable to wear. These motocross boots include a few other comfort features like the micro-adjustable buckles.
- All new ankle pivot system is designed to have a “hard” limit of foot/ankle hyperextension
- A laminated Technomicro is used as the base material in all areas
Slim, cool non-bootie design
- Nylon insole no dangerous steel shank
- Inner heat shield made of high grip material
- Removable arch support
- Toe area covered in protective plastic
The SG-12 from Gaerne has a brand new toe box that is slimmer and makes for a better feel of the bike that allows for increased shifting potential. This exciting new design gives you a better profile with a slimmer shape and toe that not only looks great but lets you use your shift lever and dirt bike controls to the best of your ability. Combined with the new sole, the SG-12 gives a world of features that will help you be the best on the dirt track.
- Updated Slim Toe Box for greater shifting and braking feel of the bike.
- The Sole of the SG-12 is also a new design. This sole is new in look, but still uses the Gaerne Dual Composite anti-shock rubber that has made Gaerne soles famous around the world.
- Improved inner grip guard for abrasion resistance.
- Dual-stage pivot system.
Boots are Made for Riding
No matter what riding you do, from trail riding to hardcore racing every weekend, we here at BTO Sports understand your need for the right pair of boots. Be sure to visit www.btosports.com and find the riding boot that fits your style. Your feet will thank you!