The Absolute in Total Head Protection
When it comes to innovation in motocross gear, Fly Racing is one of the brands that come to mind. Their engineers took on the task of creating a brand new, safer motocross helmet for riders of all skill levels. Working in conjunction with their professional riders, a new chapter has been opened with the introduction of the new Fly Racing Formula helmet.
The designers at Fly Racing are serious about rider safety and have incorporated the Formula helmet with many safety features, some never before seen on a motocross helmet. A 12K carbon fiber shell, dual density EPS liner with Conehead technology and Fly’s own Active Impact System featuring RHEON enhanced energy cells, this is the best helmet that Fly has ever produced.
To understand the new Formula helmet, we have to dive into the new safety features.
RHEON Energy Cells
Invented by Dr. Dan Plant, RHEON is impact energy cells that maximize absorption of low speed linear and rotational impacts. The unique shape and maze-like structure allow them to compress and shear. This slight movement maximizes absorption of low-speed and rotational impacts, reducing overall stress on the brain. RHEON’s adaptive chemistry reacts instinctively to absorb energy depending on the severity or direction of an impact. Watch the video below to understand just what RHEON is all about.
Expanded EPS and Conehead Technology
The Formula helmet incorporates lower density expanded volume EPS in critical zones of the helmet. This provides improved suspension for impacts. Combined with conehead technology that absorbs and dissipates impact forces more effectively than traditional helmets. Conehead technology provides a more progressive absorption of energy and which is why the Formula has six critical zones outfitted with this technology.
12K Carbon Shell
Carbon fiber makes the Formula helmet extremely lightweight while being resilient to penetration, thanks to the 12K carbon fiber.
Control Release Visor
Another innovative feature of the Formula helmet is the new “Control Release Visor.” FLY’s own proprietary System secures the visor to the helmet but will allow it to release under certain types of impacts.
- ECE/DOT approved
- 12K carbon fiber shell – Produces an extremely lightweight shell with superior penetration resistance
- Impact Energy Cells – Made by RHEON, the Impact Energy Cells maximize absorption of low speed linear and rotational impacts, reducing forces transmitted to the brain
- Conhead® EPS Technology-Provides a softer liner whereby the cones help manage or absorb an impact force more efficiently. Six critical zones have been fine-tuned for a progressive response to low speed and high-speed impacts
- Expanded volume EPS-Strategic areas of the helmet have more impact absorbing EPS, more suspension between your head and the ground.
- Comfort liner and quick release Cheek pads are made of a washable moisture wicking, anti-microbial material
- Includes premium helmet garage and replacement visor
- Weight: 1290 grams +/-50 (size medium/large)
- Retail Price: $649.95 / Youth $599.95 (YL Only)
The new Fly Formula Helmet sets the standards high on what riders expect out of a high-end motocross helmet. Available at BTOSports.com, don’t let the riding season pass you by without having the new Formula helmet from Fly Racing on your head.
FLY Racing’s Formula Helmet … the absolute in total head protection.
To order your Formula helmet, CLICK HERE