The Badlands Jacket Rules All For ADV.
Want an Adventure Riding Jacket worthy of the most ambitious destinations and unpredictable conditions? Then you want the Badlands Jacket from KLIM! This ADV jacket is the combination of the latest design, fit and material technologies available to the premium adventure motorcycle market.Inspired by rides that start, go through and end anywhere (or never end at all) the Badlands Jacket is ultimate ADV performance.
This jacket focuses on providing a sleek, comfortable fit from durable-yet-comfortable fabrics. The all-new Badlands Jacket delivers an onslaught of full-tech D3O™ armor. IT IS GUARANTEED TO KEEP YOU DRY! Why? GORE-TEX® fabrics and a massively intelligent layout of cargo, ventilation, reflective and abrasion-resistant systems. This adventure jacket is truly ready to roll.
Feature-rich with emphasis on comfort, KLIM raises the level of high-quality design in a proven world traveler. A jacket and pant combo offering features and protection, based on the needs of riders who take extended trips.
Klim – Badlands Jacket
Made for conquerors of the wilderness, the critically acclaimed Badlands jacket is no stranger to the adventure riding community. With slimmer design and improved comfort, Klim quickly turned the Badlands jacket into one of the most desirable piece adventure gear available.
An ADV jacket packed with everything you need for an unpredictable ride. Klim’s Badlands is full of premium features that will rid of your worries so you can focus more on the adventure itself. The jacket is made from superior fabrics that are both abrasion & tear resistant. Breathable Gore-Tex lining is completely waterproofed to maximize your comfort. Strategic D3O armor placements that are soft and pliable in normal condition for a pleasant ride, the armor pads harden up at the point of impact to ensure safety. The Badlands is the only jacket you want and need for any adventure, under any condition, in any situation.
ADV in its DNA.
Focused on providing a sleek, comfortable fit from durable-yet-comfortable fabrics, The all-new Badlands Jacket delivers an onslaught of full-tech D3O™ armor, GUARANTEED TO KEEP YOU DRY® GORE-TEX® fabrics and a massively intelligent layout of cargo, ventilation, reflective and abrasion-resistant systems.
- Improved comfort and fit
- Gore-Tex 3-Layer Pro Shell material on main body reduces weight without sacrificing durability/weatherproofness
- 3-Layer Pro Shell Talisman Superfabric abrasion-resistant material on shoulders, elbows and forearm shrug off abrasion
- Gore-Tex 3-Layer Pro Shell Armacor material on back, chest and waist pockets provides outstanding abrasion and tear resistance
- Easier hydration bladder access
- Jacket-to-pant zipper has been standardized (40cm) which enables users to zip different pants and jackets together
- Improved collar fit for greater coverage and comfort
- Collar can snap back to allow for more ventilation
- Custom TPU zipper pulls, pocket flap grips and zipper garages
- Hypalon headphone access port
- Shortened wrist gaiter for increased comfort
- Additional venting ports on outer chest with 10 ports total
- Improved cuff material resists wear
- Arm vent storm flaps feature a more secure closure and opening system while providing higher levels of weatherproof construction
- Improved venting via easier-to-access side chest ports and lower body vents
- Refined armor placement and exterior adjustment straps keep limb armor in place
- Guaranteed To Keep You Dry Gore-Tex 3-layer pro laminate technology
- Gore-Tex pro laminates are the most breathable, most durable motorsports shell construction available
- High-mobility active fit patterning for unmatched comfort
- Gore-Tex 3-Layer Pro shell material on main body
- 3-Layer Pro shell talisman Superfabric abrasion-resistant material on shoulders, elbows and forearm
- Gore-Tex 3-Layer Pro shell Armacor material on back, chest and waist pockets
- Pre-curved arm and rider positioning construction
- Gore-Tex stretch back/shoulder panels minimize restriction of movement
- 3M Scotchlite industrial grade reflective materials on panels and trim for increased low-light visibility
- VELCRO® brand fastener adjustable wrist closures
- Forearm and bicep sleeve adjustment straps
- VT10 YKK Vislon Aquagard water resistant zippers
Integrated Armor System:
- D3O T5 EVO Pro XT elbow and shoulder pieces included (exceeds level 1 CE certification for pren1621-1:2011 testing)
- D3O Viper Pro back piece (exceeds level 2 CE certification for en1621-2 testing)
- Siliconized spacer mesh front chest armor
- Adjustable armor pockets for refined armor placement
Cargo, Hydration, Comfort and Support Systems:
- 7 external pockets (2 chest, 2 waist, spot pocket on left chest, id/license pocket on left forearm one large storage pocket on exterior back)
- Four internal pockets + one hidden interior passport pocket (2 zippered, 2 mesh stash, 1 hidden)
- Waterproof internal pocket
- Hydration bladder compartment and internal hose route (bladder not included)
- Removable and adjustable kidney belt jacket-stabilizing support system
- Bottom hem adjustment
- Jacket-to-pant zipper integration system
- 4 sleeve adjustment straps
- Lined comfort collar
- Moisture-wicking mesh comfort liner
- VELCRO® brand wrist closures
- Key fob: yellow clip attached to shock cord in top of chest pockets
Max Flow Ventilation:
- 2 chest, side, biceps and forearm intake vents
- Vertical back exhaust vents
Here’s a review of the Badlands Jacket, after a hard ride through the American Southwest! Enjoy:
Mark describes his favorite features on the brand new Badlands Jacket. This after a recent motorcycle ride from Phoenix to Rigby.
* All dyed/pigmented fabrics will fade under UV exposure (sunlight) over time. Klim fabrics are highly UV resistant, but HI-VIS fabrics will fade at a faster rate than normal fabrics under the same UV exposure. This is a normal property of all HI-VIS pigments/fabrics and is not considered a manufacturer defect. Hi-Vis is next level.
Here’s more on Klim – the company: