Leatt’s New Helmet is an Instant MTB Classic.
Today we shine a light on a stupendous new mountain bike helmet from Leatt. Behold the Leatt DBX 5.0 Helmet– a technical marvel to be sure! And a look at what full coverage means in today’s MTB world.
If you’re in the market for new MTB Gear, well then you’ve come to the right place! Furthermore, if it’s a new MTB helmet you are after, your search is basically over. These new mountain bike helmets from Leatt are as comfortable as they are protective. And as we all know, if it comes from Leatt, you’re protected…
How protected? Watch this video from Leatt, demonstrating the energy-absorbing materials used in their helmet line… this is straight-up unbelievable:
Leatt demonstrates and explains how their impact protection technology works for helmets, MTB gloves and knee guards used by mountain bikers and BMX racers. Leatt MTB and BMX protective gear uses Armourgel, an advanced material that’s soft and pliable but has a remarkable ability to absorb energy when struck. This makes Leatt bike safety gear comfortable to wear while pedaling AND the best decision you’ll make before you hit the ground or an obstacle.
Stephanie explains how Armourgel turbines work inside of Leatt helmets to absorb rotational forces in a crash. Also in Leatt full face and open face helmets is a dual density EPS liner using cone-shapes that absorb and laterally deflects energy. Leatt is a favorite of downhill mountain bikers and is trusted by pros worldwide.
Why the DBX 5.0 Helmet?
We all know that Leatt Motocross Gear is synonomous with protection. The same is true with all of their MTB gear! The DBX 5.0 Composite helmet offers world-class protection with 360 ̊ Turbine Technology. Turbines are set inside the helmet. This technology has two main advantages, namely the reduction of rotational acceleration to the head and brain and the absorption of energy upon impact at concussion level.
Leatt 360° Turbine Helmet Technology
Protection is the name of the game. And the DBX 5.0 delivers big-time in this area! In fact, it has the same advanced tech featured in their DBX 6.0 Carbon v23 Helmet. The smaller outer shell volume also helps to reduce rotational acceleration to the head and brain, proving that a smaller shell is better. Furthermore, the multi-density, V-shaped impact foam is molded directly to the outer shell.
This enables a reduction in the outer shell size. While still achieving the highest level of impact protection! An unbeaten combination, these helmets make all Leatt riders winners.
Ventilation is another feature most of us cannot get enough of. After all, staying cool is critical to an enjoyable day on the bike. Well, look no further as the DBX 5.0 MTB helmets provide ample ventilation. Most importantly, the vents work even at low speeds.
So the next time you throw on the mountain bike jersey and hit the dirt, see to it that you are properly protected. In other words, consider the Leatt DBX 5.0 helmet!
The Leatt DBX 5.0 Spec Sheet
- Composite shell in three MTB Helmet sizes
- 360° Turbine Technology
- Reduces up to 30% of head impact at concussion level
- Reduces up to 40% of rotational acceleration to head and brain
- Reduced Outer Shell Volume
- A 10% smaller shell, transfers up to 20% less rotational forces to the neck, head and brain
- Multi-density, V-shaped impact foam molded directly to the outer shell significantly reduces G-forces transferred to the head and brain
- Fidlock magnetic closure system
- New Dri-Lex® moisture wicking, breathable, anti-odor and washable inner liner
- Optimal Leatt Neck Brace Compatibility
- Maximized Ventilation Optimized for Off-Road racing and effective even at very low speeds
- Visor with breakaway function for rotational reduction in a crash
- Emergency cheek pad removal
- MTB Hydration ready (with optional hands-free kit)
- Certified and tested to EN1078; US CPSC; ASTM F1952–10
- Lightweight and premium protection
- Weight: from 1040g
Leatt DBX 5.0 @ BTO Sports
As always, your place to find all things mountain biking is BTO Sports! Whether it be some new MTB riding gear or this new Leatt DBX 5.0 helmet, we have it in stock and are ready to ship! Come on over and see the selection. What’s more, check out the pricing. You’ll be very glad you found us… see you soon.