The year has come on gone since the last iteration of Fly Racing gear. It has been a hell of a year here at BTOSports.com. The wheel that keeps on turning, for you! And because we can’t and won’t stop, I have come to bring to you the new 2020 gear from Fly Racing. There are a couple of new gear sets as well as fresh takes on the sets fans of Fly Racing would know. For starters, let us look at what is new first!
The new 2 gears sets are the Kinetic K120 & the K220. Both of these new sets use the Kinetic base type. The material and style of the gear is similar to the Kinetic Shield and Kinetic Noiz from previous releases. Here are some of the highlights of this gear:
- Tag-less comfort-stretch collar
- Relaxed shorty elastic sleeve cuffs
- Multi-panel construction for maximum performance and comfortable fit
- Mesh ventilation helps dissipate heat
- Extended tail keeps jersey tucked in
- Long lasting sublimated graphics
- Comfort mesh liner helps keep you comfortable and cool
- Multi-directional stretch-rib panels for flexibility
- Internal pocket located inside the waistband
- Ultra-durable multi-panel 900D construction
- Laser cut ventilation for precision breath-ability
- Leather heat shield panels with DuPont™ Kevlar® stitching
- Soft-Flex protective rubber banding
- Sublimated long-lasting graphics
- Eight breathable stretch panels
- Ergonomically pre-shaped knee accommodates most knee braces and guards
- Full-Floating seat surrounded by stretch-rib material moves naturally with your body
- Exclusive zipper lock system keeps pants closed and secure
- Ratcheting fly closure allows for adjust-ability
- Adjustable waist belt for custom fit
Nothing has really changed in the construction of the Fly Racing Kinetic Gear aside from a few stylistic changes. The K120 and K220 are a great budget option of an exiting style. What has changed though is the Lite Hydrogen gear or should I call it, simply, the Lite Gear.
The construction of the K120 & K220 gloves are an improved version of the Kinetic gloves. They are lightweight, soft, and flexible. The palm, thumb, and knuckles have been reinforced. Then, the fingers and palms have been construction with silicone for a better grip.
The K120 & K220 gloves are an improved version of the Kinetic gloves. They are lightweight, soft, and flexible. The palm, thumb, and knuckles have been reinforced. Then, the fingers and palms have been construction with silicone for a better grip.
Lighter without Hydrogen
There is no Fly Racing 2020 Lite Hydrogen jersey or pants. The Hydrogen has been cut completely and is now simply known as, Lite. Not sure why that choice was made but it doesn’t change a thing. The Lite gear is meant to be some of the breathable gear that Fly Racing makes and 2020 appears to be the case.
Fly Racing is also bringing back the BOA closure system to the Lite Gear. The BOA closure system is an on the fly wait adjustment system. It is a more precise mechanism than the ratchet system that appears on the other Fly Racing pants.
For the more part, 2020 Collection of gear is building on the established styles that people are familiar with. This includes helmets too but there are also some new ones in there as well. More than likely there will be another article will be out to outline all the helmets from Fly Racing.
It is always a good time to see what is new and exciting each year. To see what each company has done to improve itself in the last year, in this case, Fly Racing. I think this year has great gear but there is a lot more coming out in the near future. So be on the lookout for that! As always be sure to check out the rest of the 2020 gear here at BTOSports.com!