6D - ATS-1 Street Helmet
6D Revolutionized helmets when they came out with their off-road line of helmets featuring the ODS technology, now they have entered the street market with the same expectations as their off-road design. If you are not familiar with the 6D off-road helmet, the ODS system broke new ground in brain protection by working to isolate both angular acceleration energy and low-threshold energy transfer from the brain during impact.
In the past, the traditional helmets always had a crushable foam EPS liner to protect the riders head in a crash. 6D Engineers realized the solution to cushioning two different degrees of impact was to use two EPS foam liners instead of one. Once liner was soft enough to reduce G-Loads in small crashes and a second liner, more stiff liner to withstand the harder blows. But the technology doesn't stop there, they separated the two foam liners with 27 hourglass-shaped eastomer dampers that space the two liners. The dampers can move three-dimensionally to absorb not only direct blows but multi directional energy.
In development for nearly 3 years, the ATS-1 is the first street helmet to incorporate ODS technology. The goal was to build the safest street helmet in the category while providing the rider with features superior to those found within the most premium helmets out there. Exceptional energy management capability was known and guaranteed, but the engineering the shield, shell design, interior liner amenities, and air-flow management system, was a challenge that had to be completed without compromise. This helmet has to be the best low-impact protection on the market.
**COMES WITH CLEAR FACE SHIELD. TINTED SHIELD AVAILABLE FOR ADDITIONAL CHARGE.**
- 3K Carbon Fiber construction shell provides a lightweight, high strength shell designed to absorb kinetic energy in unison with the ODS technology.
- Outer-EPS liner integrates with the patented load-distribution damper cups which support the ODS technology
- ODS - Omni directional suspension, the heart and soul of 6D's technology, provide 3 dimensional displacement capacity to the inner liner relative to the outer liner and shell upon impact
- Inner EPS liner, the first layer of Advanced Impact defense, provides exceptional fit and comfort while integrating the over-molded load distribution cups which support the ODS technology
- 3 Shell Sizes
- Adjustable Crown Intake, Adjustable Brow Intake and Aerodynamic rear wing transfers heat from front to back
- Eyewear Compatible, comfort liner accommodates most designs of glasses
- Integrated Internal Speaker pockets
- Pinlock 100% Max Vision Shield System
- US DOT, ECE 22.05, AS1698 and ACU (UK) standards