- Customer Photos
6D - ATB-1 Carbon Macro Helmet (Bicycle)
The most advanced DH/BMX full face helmet on the market, the 6D ATB-1 Carbon Macro helmet keeps you protected when you are shredding the dirt. The ATB-1 incorporates all of the benefits of ODS technology in a state-of-the-art 3K carbon fiber shell mated to 6D's Omni Directional Suspension EPS protective liner. This means that your head is protected against crash impacts.
The new redesigned visor improves visibility while maximixing durability. Also important is airflow, as the ATB-1 has 10 intake ports and 4 large exhaust ports that manages cool air coming in while pulling the hot air out. This means more comfort for your runs. Comfort is a staple of 6D helmets, and you know this from the moment you slide the helmet on your head. The super comfortable helmet liner has been designed to not chafe and the Coolmax anti-bacterial fabric keeps the smell under control.
The ODS system isn't the only safety feature built into the ATB-1 Carbon Macro helmet. Emergency release cheep pads are also fitted into every ATB-1 helmet for rider safety after a crash. Also to keep rotational forces to a minimum in the event of a crash, every ATB-1 is fitted with shear-away visor screws. All this in a helmet with a 3-year limited warranty and a crash replacement/rebuild program, how can you go wrong with the 6D ATB-1 Carbon Macro Bicycle Helmet!
THE DYNAMICS OF 6D’S ODS ENERGY MANAGEMENT TECHNOLOGY
6D’s patented Omni-Directional Suspension (ODS) technology is a fully active, in-helmet suspension and kinetic energy management system. Engineered to uncouple the helmet’s exterior shell from the inner EPS liner, the system effectively mitigates energy transfer to the head and brain of the rider during any given accident or impact event.
- 2 separate EPS liners separated by an array of elastomeric isolation dampers
- 3-dimensional displacement of the inner liner upon impact
- Reduces linear and angular acceleration forces to the head and brain
- Superior performance for low, medium, and high-velocity impacts
- Increases ‘Time-to-Peak’ values by roughly double (lessens severity)
- Superior airflow, heat transfer, and sweat evaporation via air-gap between layers
- Dimensions 16 x 16 x 10 in
- SIZE XS (53-54cm), SM (55-56cm), MD (57-58cm), LG (59-60cm)
- PATENTED ODS (Omni-Directional Suspension) Technology
- SHELL – Advanced aerospace 3K Carbon Fiber
- NEW VISOR – Improved durability and visibility.
- NEW PC HALO – Improves durability of inner EPS liner and overall performance
- AIR FLOW MANAGEMENT – 10 intake ports, 13 transfer ports, and 4 aggressive exhaust ports
- REAR DELTA-VENT – Aids heat transfer by scavenging air.
- SUPERCOOL COMFORT LINER – Genuine CoolMax™anti-bacterial fabric
- EMERGENCY RELEASE CHEEK PADS
- SHEAR-AWAY VISOR SCREWS
- ROOST GUARD – Provides additional face protection
- CLAVICAL CUT-AWAY – Provides increased clavicle clearance without sacrificing strength
- STERNUM PAD – Provides added protection of the chin, jaw and sternum.
- EXCEEDS ASTM F-1952-10 and CPSC 16CRF 1203 Standards.
- WEIGHT: +/- 1,310 grams.
- 3-YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY
- CRASH REPLACEMENT / REBUILD PROGRAM
- Drawstring Helmet bag included
- Categories: CYCLING, DOWN HILL/ BMX