- Customer Photos
6D - ATB-1T Evo Trail Helmet (Bicycle)
Suitible for all types of bicycle riding, the 6D ATB-1T Evo trail helmet is the worlds first 3/4 coverage helmet with ODS technology. 6D perfected the technology to give you the safest helmet on the trail today. The ATB-1T reduces angular acceleration energy transfer by means of the 3-dimensional ODS displacement capability when subject to impacts. Simply put, this means that your head is better protected from impacts. Both EN 1078 and CPSC 16CRF 1203 certified, the ATB-1T Evo Trail helmet is built using a polycarbonate shell. The replaceable inner EPS liner is a big feature that will extend the life of your ATB-1T (EPS liner replacement through 6D Helmets). For a superior fit and ease of use, the ATB-1T is fitted with the Fidlock magnet buckle system so you don't have to mess around with clips and an adjustable fitment system ensures a proper fit for every rider.
This helmet is not only designed to protect your head, but to also keep you cool as you ride with the 15 huge air ports that pull air through the helmet and pulls the hot air away from the rider's head. This is a plus during those hot weather rides when you want maximum airflow. To keep the sun directly out of your eyes, 6D has added an adjustable visor that can be tailored to where you need the protection. It can also be removed if you don't want the visor on your ride. With the huge eye port that provides excellent visibility, it can also accomodate most goggles and sunglasses, keeping your eyes on the trail. 6D also has included a moisture wicking, washable comfort liner, keeping your helmet fresh for every ride. Simply put, when you want the safest, most technologically advanced cycling helmet on the market today, the 6D ATB-1T Evo Trail helmet is your only choice.
6D’s revolutionary patented Omni-Directional Suspension (ODS) technology is an in-helmet suspension and kinetic energy management system. Engineered to separate the helmet’s exterior shell from the inner EPS liner, the system effectively mitigates energy transfer to the head and brain of the rider during any given accident or impact event. The ODS system is comprised of 2 EPS liners separated by an array of elastomeric isolation dampers that allow the system to sheer and displace 3-dimensionally when subjected to impact.
Omni-Directional Suspension functions over a much broader range of energy demands, including LOW, MID and HIGH-Velocity impacts for both Angular and Linear accelerations when compared to other competing helmets, and helmet technologies.
There is simply no other helmet, or helmet technology that can provide the exceptional energy management benefits of Omni-Directional Suspension on the ATB-1T Evo helmet.
- PATENTED Omni-Directional Suspension (ODS) Technology
- SHELL – Polycarbonate
- MODULAR ODS CARRIER SYSTEM
- REPLACEABLE INNER EPS*
- FIDLOCK MAGNETIC BUCKLE SYSTEM
- EXCEPTIONAL FLOW-THROUGH VENTILATION – 15 air scavenging transfer ports for maximum ventialtion
- ADJUSTABLE FITMENT SYSTEM
- MOISTURE WICKING / WASHABLE / ANTI-BACTERIAL COMFORT LINER
- ADJUSTABLE / REMOVABLE VISOR
- EYE WEAR AND GOGGLE COMPATIBLE
- EXCEEDS CPSC 16 CFR 1203 and EN 1078 standards.
- 1-YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY
- *CRASH REPLACEMENT
- FOR BICYCLE USE ONLY
- THE DYNAMICS OF 6D’S ODS ENERGY MANAGEMENT TECHNOLOGY
- – 2 separate EPS liners separated by 27 elastic isolation dampers
- – 3-dimensional displacement of the inner liner upon impact
- – Uncouples the impact force at the outer shell from the riders head
- – Superior performance for low, medium, and high-velocity impacts
- – Significantly reduces Linear Accelerations
- – Mitigates Angular Acceleration forces to the head and brain
- – Increases ‘Time-to-Peak’ values by roughly double (lessens severity)
- – Delivers progressive ‘ride-down’ for low, medium, and high-velocity impacts
- – Self re-centering alignment when the impact load is removed
- – Superior airflow, heat transfer, and sweat evaporation via air-gap between layers