- Customer Photos
SKF - Showa SSF Air Fork Kit
The SKF Showa SSF Air Fork Kit replaces the stock cartridge rod seals and air divider piston seals in the new Showa SFF-Air TAC fork for the Honda or Kawasaki/ Suzuki variants.
The Showa SFF-Air TAC fork features many internal seals and 3 of the 6 seals are subject to very high pressures, therefore generating much more seal drag (friction) and stick/slip when compared to conventional forks.
InnTeck utilized world class bearing and seal manufacturer SKF’s expertise in creating replacement seals that feature less seal drag (friction), less stick/slip and better sealing. This was accomplished by using an SKF special compound with tailored seal design. Combining SKF technology with dedicated machined components allows InnTeck to accomplish better sealing capabilities, less drag and reduced stick-slip while being able to use 1 cartridge seal in place of 3 or 2. Therefore eliminating two points of seal drag.
The updated forks benefit from less seal drag (friction) and virtually eliminated stick/ slip. The rider will immediately feel better small bump absorption during braking, less arm pump and smoother feel. The reduced friction also allows for better damping, making the forks now more responsive to clicker settings.
SKF Showa SSF Air Fork Kit contains:
- 1 x Universal Air Divider piston body ready to install on either Honda or Suzuki/Kawasaki Showa SFF-Air TAC forks
- 1 x Air Divider Piston cap and plastic plug (to be used only if/when installed on Suzuki/Kawasaki design)
- 1 x SKF package containing 2 x SKF Air Divider Piston seals (available separately for later maintenance)
- 1 x Air Cartridge Rod Seal Head assembly (suitable for 2015 and 2016 Showa model years)
- 1 x Oil Damper Rod Seal Head assembly
- 1 x SKF package containing 2 x SKF Dynamic Cartridge Seals (available separately for later maintenance)
- 1 x Assorted spare O-rings set
- 1 x USB Key containing this document and instructional videos