This product has been discontinued
Atlas - 2014 Ryan Villopoto Signature Carbon Neck Brace
- Customer Photos
Atlas - 2014 Carbon Neck Brace
New for 2014, the Atlas Carbon is our feather weight crown jewel. To create a weightless product this elegant we really had to push the limits of innovation. Completely re-engineering nearly every unique feature wasn’t enough, we made it our mission to develop new features that go above and beyond, while obsessively re-imagining the possibilities of simplicity... The result is a 635g beauty that improves upon every single feature we introduced with our original brace to create the most elite product we could ever dream of.
- Custom Carbon frame construction blends a mix of single and multi-directional weaves to promote carefully engineered flex where it counts.
- Completely redesigned mergency Removal System can now be completed in 3 seconds with a simple push of a thumb, and no loose parts.
- Innovative chin/throat collapsible padding system improves throat clearance, while also adding forgiveness during an impact.
- All new lightweight back supports with a forgiving break/fold away design.
- New reversible rear mount system now features 1 single mount per side, with 2 adjustment options.
- Revised back support mounting system allows smoother, more controlled folding action while the tether stays tucked up and out of the way.
- Revolutionary new snap-on strap clips create a free moving, fool proof way to secure the supplied shoulder straps.
- In The Box: 1 Atlas Carbon Brace, 2 strap systems, 1 hard shell brace bag, and 1 multi language user manual.
The Atlas Brace™ sizing is based on chest circumference (distance around the chest, measured high on the chest, just under the arms). The sizing is as follows:
- Tyke Brace: 24” - 28” (61cm - 71 cm)
- Prodigy Brace: 29” - 33” (74cm - 84 cm)
- Small Brace: 33” - 36” (84cm - 92 cm)
- Medium Brace: 37” - 41” (94cm - 104 cm)
- Large Brace: 42+ (106 cm+)
Optimal brace fitment is achieved by selecting the correct rear mount offset, and opting to use (or not use) the optional shoulder padding for height adjustment that suits your body and range-of-motion of your head/neck, as described in the Atlas Brace™ user manual.
While fitting a brace, there are 2 key steps to follow for length and height adjustment:
1 - While standing straight up, the brace should fit snug on your chest and back, and the shoulder padding should be resting on your body. If the shoulder padding does not rest flush on the body, there will be a gap between the shoulder padding and the body. This shows the brace is too tight on the chest and the rear mounts supplied on the brace should be reversed to change the offset, this will add length to the brace to create a better fit, allowing the shoulder padding to rest on the body as it should.
2 - Once the brace is properly fitted for your chest size, determine which height setting is right for your individual body type and neck length so that you will have proper range-of-motion before starting activity. Put on a helmet to determine which setting is right for you, and if you do not feel your range-of-motion is sufficient, remove the optional shoulder padding from your Atlas Brace™ by pulling down on the outer edge of the bottom shoulder pad. The padding will simply “pop” out of the top shoulder pad. Repeat for the opposite side. Make sure the brace still fits snug on the body, and the shoulder padding is resting on your shoulders.