- Customer Photos
Icon - Variant Splintered Helmet
Many people asked Icon for a Hi-Viz Variant, instead this was their answer, the Splintered Helmet. Skulls, sticks and a not a shred of reflectivity in sight. Blend in with the woods and go rocks-out fast with their ultimate crossover helmet. Tread Violently.
The Icon Variant Helmet, if you aren't familiar, is one of the top Adventure Touring and dual-sport helmet choices on the market. The Adventure market in general has grown a lot in the last few years.
The shell is comprised of a composite fiberglass, (Dyneema) which is the strongest fiber and there is a bit of carbon fiber weaved into the shell to help make the helmet light-weight.
The removable liner material used in the Icon Variant is especially nice; it feels soft and comfortable, like all of the Icon helmets they offer.
Fit: The Icon Variant has a fairly neautral shape and therefore fits a majority of riders.
Ventilation: The Variant makes good use of the peak on top, it provides ram-air effect by catching air flow in the two large scoops covering the top vents and forcing the air down into the helmet. The vents are opened by a slider that switches on the top of the peak. Also featuring brown and chin vents with rear exhaust vents, the Variant is the best in its class as far as ventilation goes.
- Fiberglass/Kevlar/Carbon Fiber shell construction
- Wind tunnel tested and refined
- Anti-lift visor to reduce glare
- Multiple oversized intake and exhaust ports
- Molded EPS nose reduces shield fogging
- Quick-change fog-free shield
- Fully removable/washable Hydradry interior
- Rear spoiler for reduced helmet buffeting
- Removable chin curtain
- Long oval headform
- Meets or exceeds DOT FMVSS 218 (US) and ECE 22-05