This product has been discontinued
Oakley - Radar XL Sunglasses
- Customer Photos
Oakley - Radar XL Sunglasses
The most demanding sport professionals in the world have fueled more than 30 years of Oakley innovation. Athletes have won more championships and medals with our sunglasses than with any other single sport product on earth. The heritage continues with Oakley Radar XL, a milestone in performance technology.
Radar XL is a specially designed edition of our coveted Radar eyewear. With an extra 7mm between the nose bridge and the top of the frame, this XL version extends your range of view. It’s a performance advantage for everything from MTB to baseball, and it was originally invented to solve the problem of restricted view in the head-down position when triathletes are digging deep in the Pain locker to bust their own limits.
The frame comes with our Blades lens shape, an angular look that salutes one of our very first single-lens sport shields. Think of it as nostalgia with attitude, a slice of history that we shaped for improved side protection against sun, wind, UV and impact. We offer an array of optional lenses, sold separately, for this interchangeable lens design..
Stays Ahead Of The Sun:
Radar XL lets you change lenses in seconds to optimize vision in any sport environment. Many performance lens colors are available, and all lenses feature the unbeatable clarity of Oakley’s High Definition Optics (HDO)
Offers A Secure, Custom Fit:
Choose the nosepiece that gives you the best fit two sizes are included with every frame. Like the stem sleeves, they’re made of Unobtainium to increase grip with perspiration. Oakley’s Three-Point Fit optimizes comfort and holds the lenses in precise optical alignment for superior clarity.
Optimizes Comfort, Protection And Clarity:
Radar XL is made of lightweight O Matter for all-day comfort. To keep the heat of competition from swamping you with sweat, the frame geometry creates a cooling flow of air. Pure Plutonite lens material filters out 100% of all UV, and Radar meets ANSI Z87.1 standards for impact protection. The semi-rimless design means there’s no frame rim to block downward view. Optical clarity exceeds ANSI Z87.1 standards, and patented Polaric Ellipsoid geometry extends razor-sharp vision all the way to the lens periphery.
- Optimized peripheral view and side coverage of Polaric Ellipsoid lens geometry
- Optical precision and performance that meets ANSI Z87.1 standards
- Impact resistance that meets ANSI Z87.1 standards for high-mass and high-velocity impact
- UV protection of Plutonite lens that filters out 100% of UVA/ UVB/ UVC& harmful blue light up to 400nm
- Glare reduction and tuned light transmission of Iridium lens coating
- Interchangeable lenses to optimize performance in any environment
- 19mm nose bridge height providing a wider field of view
- Durability and all-day comfort of lightweight, stress-resistant O Matter frame material
- Integrated surge ports to channel cooling airflow
- Comfort and performance of Three-Point Fit that holds lenses in precise optical alignment
- Metal icon accents
- Multiple interchangeable Unobtainium nose pad options for customizable and comfortable secure fit
- Protective sports-specific Oakley Soft Vault included with capacity for an extra lens