- Customer Photos
Shoei - X-14 Kagayama 5 Helmet
The Shoei X-14 Kagayama helmet is a culmination of years of racing development, the Shoei has revoluztionized the future of motorcycle helmets. While in the presence of an X-14 you will feel that you are wearing a piece of fine art, the fit finish and quality speaks for itself. The Shoei X-14 was developed and tested with the best motorcycle riders in the world including Yukio Kagayama. Kagayama is a professional motorcycle that hails from Japan with quite a resume including racing in in the Japan Superbike series as well as the World Superbike championship.
Unlike many of the other top of the line helmets that feature round shape helmets, the Shoei X-14 is very different and unique with its long oval almost egg shape design. Shoei claims the long oval shape will help shave down lap times and reduce drag with the help of rear and side spoilers, they aren't just there for looks ! Another unique feature is Shoei has upgraded the liner system, which can be modified to change the eye port position to allow better visibility depending on your riding position. Also, the cheek pads feature a cooling funnel affect which helps keep the liner fresh and cool, not just on the top but on the sides of your face. Another exclusive detail on the X-14, Shoei has installed Vortex Generators on the shield to help reduce air friction, yes this helmet is born and bred from racing !
If you are the sport bike rider that demands the best a motorcycle helmet has to offer, the Shoei X-14 will exceed expectations.
- Aerodynamic properties are maximized through extensive wind tunnel testing and rider feedback
- Dual layer multi-density EPS liner enhance impact absorption and ventilation
- Four shell and five EPS liner sizes present increased fit options that fit most head sizes
- 3D Max Dry System Interior liner can be removed for cleaning and replaced with optional thicknesses, cheek pads and center pad can be manipulated to allow riders to adjust the position/angle of the helmet by up to four degrees, increasing the upper field of vision while tucked in extreme racing positions
- 3D shaped cheek pads available in multiple thicknesses for a custom fit
- Emergency quick release system allows emergency medical personnel to easily remove cheek pads from an injured riders helmet
- Chin curtain and breath guard included
- All new double shield locking unwanted shield openings
- Scratch resistant coating and pinlock EVO Fog Resistant system
- Exclusive patent pending Vortex Generators on shield to reduce air friction.
- SNELL and DOT Safety Ratings