Shoei - Hornet X2 Navigate Helmet
Shoei - Hornet X2 Helmet
The Shoei Hornet X2 Navigate represents the golden standard in dual sport or adventure helmets. Adventure riding really blurs the lines on what is and isn't Dual Sport, but the Hornet 2 allows you to go anywhere your bike takes you. The Hornet 2 replaced the previously successful Hornet helmet, one of the major upgrades was made to the Hornet 2 was the visor. The visor on the Hornet 2 features louvers in the peak that eliminate the resistance you would get from wind and increase of speed on the bike. The shape of the helmet with the visor is really what makes this helmet stand out from other dual sport helmets. The shape of the mouthpiece area greatly reduces wind resitance on the helmet and helps minimize the drag, more like you would expect from a traditional street helmet. The Hornet has excellent ventilation with two brow vents and exhaust vents that allows the air to push the heat and humidty through the exhaust vents in the back of the helmet. A multi stage lower vent in the mouthpiece area allows the rider to fine tune airflow to accommodate the ever changing riding conditions.
The Shoei shield system features the CNS-2 face shield system that is 3D injection molded and offers a distortion free view. Innovative ribs on the top of the shield improve rigidity when opening and closing. The QR-N base plate system offers quick and efficient shield removal without having to remove the visor. There is a thick and more durable face shield gasking system, overall you won't find a better seal on a dual-sport helmet.
The liner of the Hornet X2 features the Max Dry System that quickly absorbs and dissipates sweat and moisture. The liner is replaceable and washable. The liner features the Emergency quick release system to allow emergency personnel to easily remove the cheek pads in case a rider is injured.
- Multi-Ply Matrix Plus Multi Fiber shell construction is smaller, lighter, more compact and aerodynamic
- Dual layer multi density EPS liner accommodates a more compact design without compromising ventilation
- EPS liner has been engineered to provide varying densities of foam in key impact aeras around the head, providing enhanced impact absorption
- CNS-2 shield system is 3D injecttion molded and offers a distortion free view
- Innovative ribs on the top of the shield improve rigidity when openeing and closing
- Pinlock pins and insert included
- 3D Max Dry System Interior
- Removable EAR PADS
- Includes removable breath guard and chin curtain
- Snell and DOT Approved