This product has been discontinued
We think you might like these similar products below:
Gaerne - SG-12 Boots
- Customer Photos
Gaerne - 2010 SG-12 Boot
- New look. For 2010 the Gaerne Sg-12 features a new "G" for an exciting first impression.
- Dual Stage Pivot System. This revolutionary new system is patented and exclusive to Gaerne and is certainly going to be a hit. The first pivot is attached to the "Razorback". This provides a rigid component that offers a strong lateral support while a glide-plate keeps the upper in a firm and upright position. The second pivot is fixed on a sliding glide that allows the riders foot to feel natural while on the peg in a shifting or breaking situation--However, it will "bottom out" and absorb shock in the case of over-jumping a jump or in the case of unwanted compression.
- Grip Guard. On the inner side of the boot is the all new rubber "Grip Guard". You can feel the exceptional grip of the bike, as well as offering a heat resistant padding against your inner leg.
- Front Plate/Shin Guard. This new Thermoplastic shin plate is anatomically shaped for a perfect fit. By removing three screws a rider can also make the opening wider to accommodate a bigger leg or knee-brace.
- Buckle system. The SG-12 utilizes four lightweight alloy buckles that attach to an adjustable strap. This system provides the rider "Easy in" and "Easy out" non failure system.
- Gaiter. Made of a new Swiss breathable fabric called Acronos, the gaiter is extremely stretchy but has the perfect shape to keep the sand and debris out.
- Interior Lining. On the inside you will find the famous "Gaerne Memory Cell Foam", known for the most comfortable feel and fit ride after ride.
- Heel Cup. The new Heel cup has been designed to absorb shock in the case of a rear compression.
- Toe-Box. This new design features a slimmer shape in the toe area for an improved feel of the shift lever and the bikes controls. The entire area is wrapped by a new plastic material which is lighter and provides more comfort and feel for the bike as well.
- Toe cap. The all new shape for 2009, the toecap has been re-designed and reinforced to provide a new "tougher" look.
- Sole. For the SG-12 you will notice a new design. This sole is new in look, but still uses the Gaerne "Dual Composite" anti-shock rubber that has made Gaerne soles famous around the world.
- Insole. Inside the boot you will find an all new foot-bed which has been specially molded to correctly support the foot. In the rear portion of the foot-bed, a new shock absorbing material has been used. And in the front portion the construction has been made to allow the foot to vent.