- Customer Photos
Leatt - DBX 5.5 Neck Brace
Dr. Leatt filed his first neck-brace related patent in 2003 and went on to found the Leatt Corporation in 2007. In less than a decade, Leatt has become one of the leaders in the body armor and protective gear industry. Since the introduction of the acclaimed Leatt-Brace, Leatt has expanded and diversified their product catalog. Leatt manufactures some of the most innovative and thoughtful protective gear, inspired by the top medical professionals and biomedical engineers in the industry. The Leatt Corporation continues to release new products that further establish themselves as the industry leader in quality, safety and performance. The new line of mountain biking neck braces are a great addition to the Leatt line of products, and are some of the top downhill neck braces available.
The Leatt DBX 5.5 Neck Brace is trusted by some of the fastest downhill racers in the world, thanks to the biomedical engineering team at Leatt. The mountain biking neck brace affords the rider a natural range of movement without sacrificing performance. This feature alone makes the DBX 5.5 a great downhill neck brace. The secret of the DBX 5.5 is that it transfers forces from the helmet to the body called alternate path load technology (APLT®). The brace protects against hyperextension of the neck and other lateral forces applied to the helmet. The Leatt DBX 5.5 neck brace is made of a reinforced fiberglass body that is designed to break. This is a safety measure to prevent excessive stress from being applied to the collar bone and further injuring the rider. The brace is also equipped with an easy-to-use emergency release mechanism in case the wearer gets injured.
The Leatt DBX 5.5 Neck Brace offers many non-safety features that riders love. This mountain biking neck brace is super comfortable, which is an important feature for long rides. The CoreFlex rear strut and front strut are split down the middle, which affords the rider a more natural range of movement while turning or steering. The DBX 5.5 has ribbed padding on the struts to optimize airflow, making this a great downhill neck brace. The DBX 5.5 only comes in two sizes. However, the brace is equipped with three way sliding adjuster to create a custom fit for each rider to account for many different body shapes. In addition to the sliding adjusters, the rear thoracic strut can be positioned at four different angles to further customize the fit. The neck brace can be folded down using a simple push-botton open and closure system. The brace and the rear strut fold up for convenient transportation and storage. The entire mountain biking neck brace weighs less than two pounds.
BTO Sports offers all of the newest mountain bike gear, like the brand new Leatt DBX 5.5 Neck Brace. We offer great deals on the best mountain biking neck braces, as well as discount braces too! Additionally, we carry a wide variety of Leatt body armor and protective gear!
Leatt - DBX 5.5 Neck Brace
- CE tested & certified as Personal Protective Equipment 89/686/EEC
- Engineered and lab proven by a medical doctor & biomedical engineers
- Trusted by some of the fastest downhill racers in the world
- Engineered collarbone cut-out to help keep your helmet and brace away from your most fragile bones
- CoreFlex split rear thoracic strut is more comfortable and designed to work with the body’s natural movements
- Thoracic rear strut is engineered to snap off before applying excessive pressure to the back
- Chassis made of fiberglass reinforced polyamide
- 5.5/6.5 helmet rim striking platform design for a biomedical balanced head and helmet freedom of motion
- Three-way adjustability and sliding front & rear SureFit adjusters to ensure optimum fit
- Four-angle rear thoracic strut adjustments to fit most body shapes
- Sculptured, split front for improved comfort and fit
- Low profile push-button open/closure system
- Easy-to-use emergency release mechanism for injured riders
- Injected, durable and easy-to-clean foam padding
- Air flow ribbed body packing for optimum ventilation
- Folding rear thoracic strut for easier packing
- Free, optional, clear strap included
- Weight: from 790g (1.7 lbs)