Leatt Brace - GPX 5.5 Neck Brace
- Customer Photos
Leatt Brace - GPX 5.5 Neck Brace
From the biomedical engineers and medical staff of the Leatt® research labs comes a 100% new neck brace for 2014. Leatt® believes that the 5.5 neck brace is truly the most technologically advanced neck brace in the world. The CE-certified 5.5 neck brace balances the needs of comfort, effectiveness and safety by allowing greater freedom of movement and adjustment to more closely meet the needs of top level racers whilst Leatt®'s commitment to safety ensures that key safety features pioneered by Leatt® are built into each brace.
- Engineered by a medical doctor and Bio Medical engineers and tested by some of the fastest bicycle and motorcycle racers in the world.
- Totally new chassis design made of fiberglass-reinforced polyamide.
- New helmet rim striking platform for increased head and helmet freedom of motion.
- Five-way adjustability.
- Sliding front and rear SureFit adjusters to ensure optimum fit.
- Four-angle rear thoracic strut adjustments fits more body shapes.
- Adjustable over-the-shoulder height for optimizing freedom of motion for different neck lengths and helmet rim profiles.
- Sculptured, split front for improved comfort and fit.
- New and improved, CoreFlex split rear thoracic strut is more comfortable and designed to work with the body's natural movements.
- Thoracic rear strut is engineered to snap off before applying excessive pressure to the back.
- New and improved low-profile open / close system incorporating a spring-loaded push-button.
- Easy to use emergency release mechanism for injured riders.
- Engineered collarbone cutout to help keep your helmet and brace away from your most fragile bones.
- Injected foam padding on upper surface is more durable, easier to clean and designed to accommodate custom sticker kits.
- Air flow ribs in the padding ensure optimum ventilation.
- Folding rear thoracic strut for easier packing.
- Free, optional, clear chest strap included.
- CE certified as Personal Protective Equipment 89/686/EEC.
The core of what makes Leatt®'s neck braces work is Alternative Load Path Technology (ALPT®), and for the ALPT to work optimally, neck braces must fit correctly. The adjustability built into all Leatt® neck braces is not just for comfort, but to ensure a correct fit that assists in optimizing effectiveness of your neck brace. Leatt® believes that no other neck brace can be adjusted to fit riders as well as a Leatt®. The front and rear sliding SureFit adjusters can be set for your personal body shape, without tools, in less than 30 seconds. The brace can also be readjusted as necessary for growing kids or when worn with different apparel. To further optimize fit, the new and improved CoreFlex rear thoracic strut has an exclusive feature that allows it to be adjusted to 4 setting angles. This is done with a simple elastomeric bumper that can be set at 0, 5, 10 or 15 degrees in seconds.
The 5.5 has lowered side areas, below the ear, that increases comfort and wearability, especially on kids, smaller statured riders and riders with shorter necks. A simple pop-off shoulder pad that can raise or lower your brace to suit your neck length or helmet rim profiles. Both the front and the back feature the new split design that promotes broader dissipation of energy transmitted to the body and have new molded padding for greater comfort. The semi-rigid chassis is flexible and adjustable enough to fit most riders' body shape while the structure remains rigid enough to help transmit energy during an impact while multiple engineered fracture points and crumple zones will bend or break away at pre-determined stress levels to help contribute to a riders' safety. The new and improved CoreFlex rear thoracic strut is more comfortable than ever and still has the engineered fracture point at the top that allows it to break away in certain severe impacts. If broken, this strut can be purchased as a replacement part and easily changed out. The strut is lined with the same soft padding as on all the surfaces that ride against your body and this protective padding is on the brace edges facing inwards towards the soft tissues of the neck. The injected foam padding is more durable and easier to clean than ever before and designed to accommodate custom sticker kits.