- Customer Photos
Fly Racing - F2 Carbon MIPS Weston Peick Replica Helmet
Intimidate your competitors on and off the track with this Fly Racing F2 Carbon MIPS Weston Peick replica helmet. Designed and worn by JGRMX rider Weston Peick, this helmet showcases the intensity and style of th eprofessional rider it is modeled after.The F2 Carbon in it's standard form is as close to a factory race bike as a helmet can get. With the addition of the MIPS (Multi-directional Impact Protection System), the F2 Carbon helmet from Fly is stepping ahead of the competition. Used by top pros such as Trey Canard, Andrew Short, Justin Brayton, Weston Peick, this helmet is out-of-the-box and on-to-the-racetrack ready.
What is MIPS?
MIPS stands for Multi-directional Impact Protection System, which is a leading slip-plane technology inside the helmet designed to reduce rotational forces that can result from certain impacts
Why it's Important?
When a head rotates quickly and comes to a sudden stop, the rotational acceleration can cause the brain tissue to experience high levels of strain. The stretching of the tissue that can be caused by these motions can result in various types of brain injury. We believe that helmets equipped with MIPS technology can provide an additional measure of protection in certain impacts.
How it works:
MIPS uses a slip-plane system that moves inside the helmet, mimicking the brain’s own protection system. This layer is designed to rotate inside the helmet with the intent to potentially slow or reduce the amount of energy transferred to or from the head. Science tells us that if we can reduce the strains associated with rotational acceleration, we might reduce the risk and severity of brain injury.
- MIPS® low-friction layer can absorb more of the rotational force of impacts, adding more protection than other helmets can offer
- Meets or exceeds the toughest safety standards on the market. Snell 2015, DOT approved for USA. Other standards include: ECE and AS (Australian).
- Shell is constructed using state-of-the-art, aircraft grade woven carbon fiber and Kevlar® composite materials, which create superior strength while remaining extremely light
- Dual density EPS liner combines two layers of EPS (Expanded Polystyrene), one softer, one slightly harder to provide more progressive impact absorption for different levels of impact
- Multi-port air induction cooling system includes 11 intake and 4 exhaust vents that create massive airflow to keep your head cool
- Quad-vent goggle anti-fog vents above goggle eye port draw air from goggle to help clear away fog
- Custom molded rubber trim with integrated nose guard helps keep rocks and debris away from your nose
- New Quick Release washable COOLMAX® comfort liner & cheek pads absorb sweat, provide plenty of ventilation, and are easy to remove
- Flow through EPS (Expanded Polystyrene) and comfort liner air system align to maximize airflow
- Helmet is constructed using super-strong, lightweight machined aluminum screws, rivets, and stainless steel D-rings for superior strength and years of worry free use
- Optional carbon fiber intake vent wing can be added to the helmet for increased direction of airflow on the front vents
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
Comments about Fly Racing - F2 Carbon MIPS Weston Peick Replica Helmet:
Really happy with fit and finish of this helmet. I recommend giving Fly gear a 2nd look if your in the market for a new helmet.
- Was this a gift?: