- Customer Photos
Hutchinson - Taipan MTB Tire (Bicycle)
The Taipan from Hutchinson is unlike any other tire Hutchinson has ever developed. Starting completely from scratch, the idea was to create a uniquely knobbed all-around performing XC tire that would excel in a variety of conditions. Traditionally MTB tire design is terrain or condition limited, it's either dry or muddy, rocky or wet specific. The Taipan uniquely spans all those conditions through its unique tread and knob design. Widely spaced knobs help shed mud when the going gets wet. Raised geometric ridges between the knob grab onto roots and smaller rocks when you need traction between knob contact. The rolling contact patch is also knobbed with 3mm high knobs that deliver the perfect mix of tread with low rolling resistance. But traction is only half the story. What moves must stop as well, the Taipan has specifically angled ramps on its geometrically profiled knobs that guarantee that when you grab a handful of brake lever, something predictable happens. For riders looking for the cutting edge of mountain bike tire technology, the Hutchinson Taipan MTB tire is at the top.
As usual, the Taipan is offered in a variety of 26, 27.5 and 29" diameters and widths from 2.1 to 2.35. Tubed and Tubeless Ready models with performance 127tpi as well as Enduro 2x66 casings and puncture resistant technology.
- Ideal for all types of terrain and conditions
- Fast rolling center tread with variably-sized lateral knobs to improve grip at varying lean angles
- Hardskin casing provides strength and reinforcement
- TT/TL: tubeless ready bead that can be run tubeless with sealant or tubed
- RR: Race Riposte compound delivering the ideal combination of grip/wear performance
- RR XC: triple compound for performance and durability